Current Affairs is a synonym for the Current Events. Daily Current Affairs covers a huge part of the syllabus. In this subject, most of the students are not able to cover the complete syllabus and score well marks. It is the most important section from all of the topics. Candidates are required to prepare for General Awareness Topic as much as possible candidates are able to cover. Current Affair topic involves a number of topics but in the IBPS Bank Exam candidates are required to study for all the current happenings of the world.
Current Affairs involves all the important happenings around the world related to National, Political, International, sports, economy, science & Technology. Candidates need to focus on the Daily Current Affairs of Last 6 Months topics. In this article, we discussing the Latest Current Affairs & Daily Current Affairs Preparation Tips. Interested candidates can check the more details related to the IBPS Guide Current Affairs Quiz Pdf and start preparing for the IBPS Exam & Download IBPS Current Affairs Pdf.
What are the topics covered in a Daily Current Affairs Section? IBPS Guide Current Affairs Quiz Pdf
Daily Current Affairs Topic provides the latest current affair events for all the competitive exams. Here candidates can check more example questions to understand the IBPS Question Paper Pattern better. The Current Affair topic comes in an Objective Type Question Paper/ MCQs.
21 May Observed As Anti Terrorism Day (20 & 21 May)
- Anti Terrorism Day is observed to generate awareness among the everyone about the danger of terrorism, its effects on the people, society and the country as a whole. The day is marked by a pledge taking ceremony among other activities.
- On this day, many debates, discussion, seminars, lectures, etc. are conducted in the schools, colleges, and universities on the danger of terrorism and violence. Many NGO’s and social programmes are organized o highlights the effects.
IIT Kanpur Sets Up India’s First Advisory Center For Energy Regulations
- The Indian Institute Of Technology set up his first Centre For Energy Regulations in the country to strengthen policy and regulatory limitations in energy and power sector. It aims at providing independent advisory on policy and regulations matters in the power and energy sector.
- Anoop Singh, an associative professor in the department of industrial and management engineering at IIT-K and the coordinator of CER set up with the assistance of UK Government.
Russia Unveils World’s First Floating Nuclear Power Plant
- Russia unveils on Saturday the World’s First Floating Nuclear Plant Power Station at a ceremony in the port of the far northern city of Murmansk, where it will be loaded with the Nuclear fuel before heading up to the eastern Siberia.
- The nuclear power plant will replace a coal-fired power plant and an aging nuclear power plant which have been supplying over 50,000 people with electricity. The nuclear power plant will reduce the carbon footprint in the Arctic by tens of thousands of CO2 emissions every year.
Shivangi Pathak Becomes India’s Youngest Woman To Scale Mt. Everest
- A 156-year-old girl from Haryana has become the Youngest Indian Woman to climb the Mount Everest which is world’s highest peak on 17th May 2018. Shivangi Pathak was born in Haryana Hisar climbed the Mount Everest by providing women with every hurdle to achieve their target.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said on Pathak’s achievement and congratulated her. Pathak reached Kathmandu in April from where she started her journey to the Mount Everest.
PM Narendra Modi Inaugurates Kishanganga Hydroelectric Project
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated North Kashmir’s 330-megawatt Kishanganga Hydroelectric Project on Saturday at the highest level International Court Of India.
- Pakistan has complained that the Kishanganga Project affects its own Neelum has been named as Neelum in the PoK. It has demanded that the World Bank which is the mediator between two countries under the 57-year-old water distribution pact.
20 Indian Companies Selected For Expansion In London (20th May 2018)
- Twenty Indian Startups have been chosen to join the London Mayor Sadiq Khan’s Indian Emerging business programme which helps in selecting the companies in setting and building up Britain’s Capital.
- The Indian Emerging 20 Programme was launched by the London & Partners which is the mayor of London’s Promotional Agency. It was set up with an aim to identify India’s most ambitious companies that are under consideration for the International Expansion.
Walmart Seeks CCI Nod For Flipkart Buy
- Indian E-Commerce marketplace Flipkart, global retail major Walmart has finally approached the Competition Commission Of India (CCI) for the approval. Since the deal was announced, both the entities are facing the allegation of flouting FDI Norms & promoting loss funding.
- According to the notice submitted by the CCI, the proposed transaction will be effected to the purchase agreement among Walmart Subsidiary & Flipkart.
RBI Tweaks Norms For Setting Up Of IFSC Banking Units
- The Reserve Bank Of India has decided to tweak its norms by setting up of International Financial Services Centers (IFSC’s) Banking Units (IBU’s). The RBI formulated a scheme for setting up of IFSC’s IBU’s by Banks.
- The parent bank will be required to provide a capital of USD 20 million or equivalent in any foreign country. by enabling the IBU’s to start their operations. as officially said by the communique.
India’s Economy Projected To Grow At 7.6% in 2018-19: UN WESP
- India’s Economy is expected to be climb to 7.5% in 2017-18 and 7.6% in 2018-19 supported by the robust private consumption, a more supportive fiscal stance ?& benefits from past reforms by United Nations Report.
- The mid-year U.N. World Economic Situation & Prospects (WESP) says that India is gaining momentum among major communities by spending the capital as shown by the revival. The world’s economy is seen growing slighter with more growth & favorable investment conditions.
Nirmala Sitharaman Gave Away The DRDO Awards – 2016 & 2017
- Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gave away the Technology Leadership Award 2016 to the Scientific Advisor to Defense Minister. Speaking on the occasion, Nirmala Sitharaman said that India is one of the largest procurers of defense equipment which emphasis on indigenization which has happened from last four years.
- She stated that Manufacturing cannot be done continuously and constantly with borrowed technology and that is where DRDO’s Research & Development plays a very critical role.
May 18 As World’s AIDS Vaccine Day (18 May 2018)
- To raise awareness about the deadly diseases, May 18 is observed as World’s AIDS Vaccine Day around the globe. With no cure available for HIV, all the researchers are working tirelessly to find a safe & effective preventive vaccine or the affected persons.
- Unfortunately, there is no effective cure available for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). World’s AIDS Vaccine Day is an opportunity to recognize the volunteers, health professionals, scientist, etc are involved in HIV & Vaccine Research.
International Museum Day
- Among the celebrations to welcome the seasonal change during the month of May is International Museum Day, a highly anticipated event for the global museum community.
- Around the date 18, May excitement will grow in museums worldwide for the celebration of the anniversary of a Universal Event i.e. International Museum Day.
Air India Could Pay Up $8.8 MN To Passengers
- Air India has to cough up a whopping 8.8 Million penalty that it will pay to 323 Passengers. The flight to Delhi-Chicago was delayed by over 28 hours. causing harassment to passengers who booked with this flight.
- The potential penalty to the carrier in such case is USD 27.500per passenger on board and with 323 passengers onboard. The penalty adds up to USD 8.8 million as said by the PTI.
First International Rail Coach Expo Held In Chennai
- Striding forward to importing technology from aboard & enabling export of rail coaches, the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) Perambur started the first ever International Rail Coach Expo (IRCE) in India on Thursday.
- Inaugurating the 3 year Expo organized by the ICF partners with CII at RPF Parade Ground in Perambur. The Governor also praised the Indian Railways fro growing from 14 coaches to 70937 coaches.
BSE Becomes First Indian Stock Exchange To Get US SEC’s DOSM Recognition
- On May 16 BSE Ltd. has joined an elite list of foreign securities exchanges following its recognition as a ‘Designated Offshore Securities Market’(DOSM) from the United States Securities Exchange.
- DOSM state will allow the sale of securities to US investors through the trading venue of BSE without registration of such securities with US SEC.
IIM Ahmedabad Launches Bharat Inclusive Initiative (16.05.2018)
- The Incubation center at the Indian Institute Of Management, Ahmedabad has launched a $25 Million (Rs 169 Crore) initiative to back social impact start-ups looking to harness the next half billions of Indians coming into the Internet.
- The Bharat Inclusive project was stated by the Centre of Innovation, Incubation & Entrepreneurship will mentor the startups over the next two or three years.
Aadhaar Not Mandatory For Getting Pension
- The Union Government has clarified that the Aadhaar Card is not mandatory for Central Government Employees to get their pension. The information was shared by the Minister Of State For Personnel during the 30th Meeting of the Standing Committee Of Voluntary Agencies
- The Aadhaar is an additional facility to enable the use of technology for submission of life certificate without visiting the banks. The minister made that the Aadhaar is not mandatory for getting the pension to the employees.
WHO Publishes Its First Essential Diagnostics List
- The World Health Organization on May 15th, 2018 published its first “First Essential Diagnostics List” which is a catalog needed to diagnose the most common conditions along with a global priority disease.
- The list aims to address people’s inability to access diagnostics services, which result in failing them for the correct treatment.
YES Bank Launch Agenda 25×25 For Building Women Entrepreneurs
- These insights came through during the Annual Startup Conclave organized by Yes Bank on May 10th. The event saw the participation of Ramanan Ramanathan, Mission Director-Atal Innovative Mission, Government Of India, Deepak Bagla.
- During the conclave, YES Bank & YES Global Institute announce the launch of Agenda 25×25. A statement of intent with iStart Rajasthan & Foundation for Innovative & Technology Transfer, IIT Delhi to mentor startups was also signed during the event.
MS Dhoni is Netmeds Brand Ambassador
- Netmeds Marketplace, Ltd. today announced MS Dhoni as the Brand Ambassador. Dhoni is among the most recognized & revered icons in India and has an incredibly strong appeal across all sectors and all demographics.
- Netmeds CEO Pradeep Dhadha said This is one of our first proudest moments. Dhoni is the perfect inspiration for the Netmeds. He rose from humble beginnings and fought against very tough times but worked hard and believed in himself.
India 3rd Largest Solar Market In The World: Mercom
- Mercom Communications India is a subsidiary of U.S. Based Mercom Capital Group leading clean energy communication & consulting firm. Mercom is widely recognized for the leadership for clean services & energy.
- Mercom is the 3rd largest leading solar market in the world, according to the report of Mercom Communications India.
Ambika Sharma To Lead USIBC India Office
- The US India Business Council (USBIC), a premier business advocacy organization named Ambika Sharma as its India’s head. Prior to her appointment as USBIC India head, Ambika Sharma was the Director General For International at the Federation of Indian Chambers Of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- The USBIC has their offices in New Delhi and Mumbai and Ambika Sharma will join the organization on June 15.
International Day Of Families: 15th May
- Tuesday is the International Day For Families, as designated by the United Nations. The UN General Assembly created the designations in 1993 to promote awareness of issues related to families.
- It is celebrated for the importance of families and the work started during the International Day Of Families.
Changes In Cabinet minister
- Nirmala Sitaram emerged as the biggest gainer of the Cabinet on Sunday as Prime Minister Modi gave her the heavyweight Defense Portfolio while Piyush Goyal replaced Suresh Prabhu in the Railway Minister, where new nice faces were inducted.
- Sitaram who was holding the Commerce portfolio as a Minister of State was elevated along with Goyal.
China Approves $1 Billion Loan For Sri Lanka Expressway
- The Chinese government has approved a $1 Loan to Sri Lanka to build an Expressway & to instruct import-export for browsing. Sri Lanka’s Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe’s said this on Monday.
- It will be one of the largest projects undertaken by China in the island nation, which is backing China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
India’s Economic Growth To Accelerate At 7.3% Fitch
- Credit Rating agency Fitch said that Economics’ growth will accelerate to 7.3% in the current financial year and 7.5% in the next fiscal year.
- Fitch which last month kept India’s sovereign rating unchanged for the 12th year in a row, said the country’s ratings, “balance a strong medium-term growth outlook & favorable external balances against a weak fiscal position & difficult business environment.
Paytm Introduces Automatic Recurring Payments
- Recently on Monday Paytm has introduced automatic recurring payments new feature that lead to configure payments through App for periodic recurring payments.
- The company expects the feature to significantly boost bank to bank transactions on Paytm by this December.
DoT Approves Bharti Airtel & Telenor India Merger
- The Department of Telecommunication on Monday approved the merger of Bharti Airtel with the Indian unit of Norwegian telecom major of Telenor India through a notice.
- The DoT notification came after the Supreme Court last week quashed a Dot’s effort to make a Bharti Airtel furnish a bank guarantee of Rs. 1499 crore as the precondition to approving the Telenor India acquisition.
President Kovind Inaugurates Global Exhibition On Services – 2018
- The President Of India, Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 4th Global Exhibition On Services & launched a portal on 12 Champion Sectors in Services in Mumbai today i.e. 15th May 2018.
- Speaking on the occasion, the President welcomed 500 international delegates who are participating in this Global Exhibition from about 100 counties.
Direct Link of IBPS Examination Information- You May Also Like
|IBPS Exam Details|
|IBPS Portal||IBPS Exam|
|IBPS Syllabus||IBPS Admit Card|
|IBPS Result||IBPS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)|